Wasim Akram’s bold T20 World Cup prediction, Waqar Younis shares his two cents

Wasim Akram’s bold T20 World Cup prediction, Waqar Younis shares his two cents. Despite Pakistan’s previous troubles, Waqar believes Babar Azam and his squad can win.

The cricketing world is buzzing with excitement as India and Bangladesh prepare to compete in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2024. This is more than just another game; it’s a clash of titans, a rivalry steeped in tradition and emotion. As both sides prepare for this high-voltage confrontation in the United States, opinions on who will win vary.

Pakistan legends Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram have made their forecasts. Despite Pakistan’s previous troubles, Waqar believes Babar Azam and his squad can win. On the other hand, Akram gave India the advantage, citing their form and consistency. He believes India is a better team overall and likes them to win, giving India a 60% probability and Pakistan 40%, but admits that in T20 cricket, the game may change rapidly with one good performance.

“My heart says Pakistan, but from what I’ve seen so far in this tournament, the pitch in New York favors faster bowlers. So, it evens things out a little bit just because of the surface in New York,” Waqar Younis told Star Sports.

“Looking at India’s form, we can see that they are generally a better team. Better team in the sense that they are favourites going into the game. I’ll give India 60% and Pakistan 40%. However, in a T20I, one good innings or spell can cause the game to change dramatically. I believe everyone is looking forward to the tournament’s final game,” Akram said about the high-octane game.

Notably, India and Pakistan have had different starts in the tournament. The Men in Blue dominated Ireland in their first match, while the Green Shirts suffered an unexpected defeat to co-hosts the United States. This disparity has added fuel to the debate over which team will triumph in their upcoming match.

Also Visit: USA beating Pakistan is massive for cricket: Chris Gayle

Team India have an edge over Pakistan in World Cups 

Historically, India has dominated T20 World Cup matches versus Pakistan. Pakistan has won only one of its seven matches. However, the lone win in 2021, owing to a remarkable effort by Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan, demonstrates that anything is possible in cricket.

As fans eagerly await this marquee matchup, one thing is certain: the India vs Pakistan game will be an unforgettable spectacle, full of excitement and drama. Regardless of the outcome, cricket fans worldwide are in for a treat.

Also Read: Nayan Mongia targets Babar Azam ahead of India match

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

My Cricket Deal
© Copyright 2021 My Cricket Deal