Things To Know About The Cricket Bat and Ball Game
Cricket Bat and Ball Game is a nationally popular sport in England, Australia, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, South Africa, New Zealand, and several other countries such as Afghanistan, Ireland, Kenya, Scotland, the Netherlands, and Zimbabwe. The most important cricket is a sport which play between two teams of eleven players each. One team, which is batting, tries to score runs, while the other team is fielding, and tries to prevent this. Runs score by hitting the ball, which is thrown by a player from the fielding team to a player from the batting team, across the boundary, or by the two batting players running back-and-forth between the two wickets.
It is one of many games in the “club ball” sphere that basically involve hitting a ball with a hand-held. Implement; others include baseball (which shares many similarities with cricket, both belonging in the more specific bat and ball games category. The game started in England in the 16th century.
The earliest definite reference to the sport is in a court case of 1598
- Two teams, both with 11 players
- Most importantly when one team is batting, and they try and score as many runs as they can in there innings by hitting the ball around an oval field.
- The other team must get them out by bowling the ball overarm (with a straight) at the stumps, which are at either end of a 22-yard (21.12m) area called a wicket.
- A batsman protects his stumps
- The bowling team can get the batsmen out by hitting the stumps or catching the ball.
- Once the batting team is all out, that is to say the innings is ended and the teams swap over and they then become the bowling side.
- Teams can have one or two innings depending on how long there is to play. Test matches are over five days so teams have two innings each to score as many runs as they can.
- Whoever scores the most runs wins. A cricket match can be drawn as well.
- That happens when the team bowling last fails to get all the batsmen out. But this is only when there are two innings per team.
- If there’s one innings, the only way a match can be drawn is in case the two teams score the same sum of runs, which is call a tie.
The sport’s follow primarily in the Indian subcontinent, Australasia, the United Kingdom, southern Africa, and the West Indies. Likewise, Women’s cricket, which is organized and play separately, and therefore has also achieved international standards. The most successful side playing international cricket is Australia, which has won seven One Day International trophies, including five World Cups, but more than any other country and has been the top-rated Test side more than any other country.